Saturday 16 July 2016

Fast Chicken Pesto Pizza๐Ÿ•

Yes.... The Dreaded Question......
What's for dinner?
Every day,
Day in....day out.
We as parents have a family to feed.
But trying to come up with something the family will eat....
It can be a challenge.
Pizza is always a hit.
If you are like me though... 
Pepperoni gets a little tiresome after awhile.
This is a great alternative.
Chicken Pesto Pizza

Trust me.... Even little kids love this!
The dough takes only minutes to make and turns out EVERY time.
Your family will think you are amazing!

๐ŸŒธFOLLOW my Blog for more great recipes and helpful ideas๐ŸŒธ 
๐Ÿ˜ŠPlease LIKE and SHARE my Blog to help me keep it going ๐Ÿ˜Š

PIZZA DOUGH 
**************

1/2 to 3/4 cup fairly warm water
1 tbsp yeast
1 tsp white sugar 
2 cups all purpose flour 
1 tbsp oil
1/4 tsp salt

Bake at 425*F for 15-20 minutes 
This makes enough for 1 pizza.
Double for two.

Mix 1/4 cup of warm water, yeast and sugar until yeast is dissolved.

Set aside for 5 minutes or so. 
Mixture will get bubbly.

Meanwhile..combine flour, oil and salt in a large bowl.

After the yeast has doubled and is all bubbly add it to the flour mixture.

Mix together and add enough of the extra warm water to make a nice dough that doesn't stick to your hands or the bowl.Add a bit more flour if you have to.

Now put a bit of oil in the bowl and roll the dough to cover in oil.

Next cover bowl with plastic wrap and a clean tea towel and let rise in a warm place.
I like to put it in the oven and turn on the light. The lightbulb supplies just the right amount of warmth.

Let it rise for 45-60 minutes.

Give the dough a quick mix with your hand to let out the air.

Spread onto an oiled pizza pan or (cookie sheet for thinner crust)
I like to lightly oil my fingers to spread the dough as it makes it a bit easier.

Add topping.
For this pizza, I use jarred pesto sauce.
This can be found in the spaghetti sauce area of most grocery stores.

Next I put on cooked chicken which I have chopped.
I also added some thinly sliced onions because we like them.

Top with mozzarella cheese.

Bake at 425*F for 15-20 minutes.








No comments:

Post a Comment