Thursday 7 July 2016

EASY Focaccia Bread๐ŸŒŸ

 Yes...I said EASY !!
Making bread doesn't have to be a labour intensive ordeal.
This delicious focaccia bread is a perfect example.
It is made from scratch, and I promise that even if you think you can't make bread....you CAN make this!!

Try it plain or dipped in balsamic vinegar and olive oil.
Trust me .....it is sooooooo good. ๐Ÿ˜‹

๐ŸŒธFOLLOW my Blog for more great recipes and helpful ideas๐ŸŒธ
๐Ÿ˜ŠPlease LIKE and SHARE my Blog to help keep it going๐Ÿ˜Š

FOCACCIA BREAD
*****************
1/2 cup warm milk
1 tsp sugar
2 tsp yeast
3 1/3 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
3/4 cup plain yogurt ( I use Greek yogurt, but any will do)
1 egg

Combine warm milk, sugar and yeast in a small bowl. 
   Set aside to let mixture activate and become bubbly.

Meanwhile ....

In a large bowl of your tabletop mixer, food processor or in a large bowl with a hand mixer.....
    Add flour, baking powder, salt, yogurt, and the egg.

Add in yeast mixture and mix well.

The dough should be soft but not sticky. 
     If it is too wet, add a bit more flour, and if it is too dry, add a bit of warm water. 

 Transfer onto a lightly floured surface and using your hands, pat down to desired shape. 
        I used a pizza pan so I made mine round.

Transfer onto lightly oiled pan. 
      I finished shaping mine on the pan.

Cover with a tea towel and let rest for 20 - 30 minutes.

Heat oven to 425 * F

Poke your fingers into bread to made indentations.
Drizzle with olive oil. Spread around with fingers...gently.
Sprinkle with course salt and rosemary.
Bake 15-20 minutes or until a nice light brown.
Take out of the oven and brush with a bit more olive oil. 

              Yum... 

















No comments:

Post a Comment