Monday 3 October 2016

Eggplant Parmesan 🍆🍆🍆

I have to say right off.....I have really disliked eggplant my entire life...
Yep....I said it. 
I do not like eggplant!!
Well....
That was before I made this..
Now I LOVE eggplant!!

🍆🍆🍆🍆🍆🍆🍆🍆🍆

🍆🍆🍆🍆🍆🍆🍆🍆🍆

EGGPLANT PARMESAN 
***********************
2 large eggplants - sliced 1/2 " thick
4-6 tbsp kosher salt
2 cups seasoned breadcrumbs
3 eggs
1/3 cup milk
6 tbsp olive oil for pan frying the eggplant
4 cups pasta sauce
3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
2 cups shredded Parmesan cheese
 🍆🍆🍆🍆🍆
Pat salt onto both sides of eggplant slices.
Set to drain in a strainer for about an hour.
I then lightly rinse off the salt and blot the eggplant between layers of paper towel to dry.
🍆🍆🍆🍆
In a bowl, put breadcrumbs.
In another bowl, whisk eggs and milk.
🍆🍆🍆
Before frying the eggplant, put 1 cup of the pasta sauce on the bottom of the pan.
Spread around to coat the bottom of the pan.
🍆🍆
 Take the eggplant slices and dip in the egg mixture and then the breadcrumbs.
Lightly fry at medium until browned on both sides.
I can get 3 slices at a time in my frying pan.
Transfer to your baking pan that has pasta sauce on the bottom.
Top each slice with a tablespoon or so of sauce and a bit of each cheese.
I fit as many slices on the bottom as I can and then I stack them with sauce and cheese between the layers.
🍆
Finish up with a bit more sauce and cheese.
Bake for about 30 minutes at 375*F
I do broil for 3 or 4 minutes at the end to complete the browning of the dish.
💕💕💕💕
FOLLOW my BLOG for more delicious and easy recipes.



No comments:

Post a Comment